Translate

Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Novel & Future Plans

As my novel hits the 100,000 word mark I will most likely have a first draft finished during the summer. From here, the fun begins with editing the work but from what I've been told by experienced authors is that upon finishing a book, one should leave it to 'stew' for a fortnight or so before retuning to it, so that you can look upon it with different eyes to spot things that you didn't see before.

This is why I will reveal what I will be doing in the meantime: continuing my work on a different novel and hopefully trying to tie together the chapbook Myths to Believe In. I've written a total of 54 poems at present, 10 of which are featured in my first chapbook Distant Lands. I will be trying to create a chapbook that, rather than links a story between poems a la Distant Lands -very loosely at that- I will be trying to create a much more conceptual work. By this I mean a book that links together multiple stories that focus on third-person characters as opposed to a first-person narrative. The poem Ballad of the Dreamweaver is only the first in a trilogy of poems that will be spread across the work to form the epitomising 'myth' with what is hopefully a poignant message. I look forward to honing all of these works at present and I will announce when SKYSCARR sees a finished first draft!

As for my other novel, the story will focus on a near-furture conspiracy involving a health science company. I will try to explain in more detail in a later post and may even post a segment of the beginning so far at some point.

Bye for now and have a pleasant time!

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment