Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

700 Days Later . . .

A milestone was reached yesterday: The completion of SKYSCARR's first draft. Having begun the work on Monday 15th August 2011, it has taken 700 days (100 weeks) to complete and that's just draft 1. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was going to leave it before beginning re-drafting it and during that time I have since started the plotting and planning of a space opera novel inspired by Iain M. Banks' 'the Culture' novels, that I have begun reading. I also plan on reading more space opera/military SF, starting with Jack Campbell's 'The Lost Fleet' series, which seem very interesting. Hopefully I'll continue to hone my skills and with some hard work, it might just pay off in the end. I'll try and write more entries in the future but for the time being, it's good to have finished a draft of something finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment