Translate

Friday, November 15, 2013

Carat Media Internship: Journal Entry #6

My tasks -or should I say task- yesterday was a little simpler, which I enjoyed although I could easily imagine many finding such a thing monotonous and boring; I guess I've always been weird enjoying stuff like that! But it wasn't useless, no, far from it: I had to compile a spreadsheet from scratch for a client (one of those massive shopping centres, and all the brands and their stores, contained within.) I had to read the store descriptions and come up with keywords, which will be analysed once we've launched the campaign and as a result, we'll see the effect I had on success in my keyword choices! That's basically what I spent the whole day doing, colour-coding the stores to separate them easily when going through it to make the whole thing more readable. I'm about halfway through the first of the four sections of the website, here's how many rows of data I've inputted manually so far (in about six hours of work):


Yep; 615 rows, each with two columns! It's probably the most I've ever written into a spreadsheet in my whole life and I've only scratched the surface. Here's the colour code I used for the data:


Simple enough and very effective I found. I hope it continues to be fun next week! Aside from this I didn't really do anything else, but given that 615 rows were filled, 614 of which had manually inputted data, I'm sure you can see why! See you next week when I hope I'll have something more interesting to write about.


No comments:

Post a Comment