Translate

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Carat Media Internship: Journal Entry #8

This week I completed yet another keyword analysis (for a sports venture) in my first couple of hours. Thankfully I started to do something a little different and so we can return to a more exciting post!

After my keywords were drawn up, I completed some more Dayparting tasks. One was for a banking and financial services company (their mortgage campaign) and the second was for a company that produces and sells blinds. I used the Sort/Filter option once again to discover what the data said and put the most popular hours and days into a simple table. After this I wrote a strategy document where I recommended a plan of action. For example, the bank only had conversions during the week and lacklustre activity at weekend, which, I decided, was due to people using their free time at weekend to relax when it came to utilitarian pursuits of life, preferring to carry out such tasks during the week -and later at night- when they are in the midst of working for a living, the nature of the product residing within a similar state of mind where such purchases and brands dwell, in the consumer sub-conscious.

More excitingly, I updated the Carat "Best Practice Document" for Dayparting. This involved taking screenshots of pages and describing how to interact with a DSP we use in a step-by-step guide. I also had to delete the old section of the document that described processes on a platform that we no longer use, and had to replace it with a section on how to use DBM instead. This was really beneficial because by writing down how to go through the process, it was like I was teaching myself how to use it and as a result, I feel more confident now in using those platforms.



I then worked alongside another intern on Spendchecks, watching the process. Spendchecks are basically a type of document that tracks expenditure on different things associated with a campaign. In order to "check" the spends, you have to look at what Facebook Ad Manager is telling you and what the platforms are telling you, since Facebook is not completely reliable when it comes to specifying accurate monies etc. so the cross-reference is entirely necessary. I haven't actually carried one out yet, but hopefully in time I'll be sinking my teeth into one!

And that pretty much summarises the day. It's been more varied than the last couple of weeks, which is refreshing though I'm still lost for words when it comes to describing these things as it's getting to the point where I just start saying "today I carried out another Site Transparency/General/Keyword Report... you know, like the one I did in Week 5." This isn't really a criticism of the programme but more my admitting that I'm running out of ideas on how to present the same information of how to do something, in a novel way that's engaging. Alas, I'm not as good a blogger as I thought I was it seems :), though as FDR once said on failure, "...(But) above all, try something."

And I will leave you with that motivational quote from the ex-president (for this week's novelty) and hope it serves you well, along with this week's blog post, and the next one . . . (and the one after that, ad infinitum.)

Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment