Translate

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A poem from "Distant Lands"


ET OBSERVABANT CASUS IMPERIUM

This dark shadow on the world is your greatest fear,
As you watch, look up, to see death come and rear to flee.
This land is cruel,
You must be strong and escape the clutch of all that they hath wronged.
This obscured sun is dark,
Lacklustre of light, you all take off in fearful flight.
Darkened place hath no grace, for it is they, that violate my will and that to which, I dedicate.

Embracing and kind to you,
I hath been. For it is my nature,
serene, and benevolent,
my people of this world whom are gravely important.

An eagle I watch.
Looking down, on this accursed land
to find a way to escape my celestial body,
the chains that bind me,
Rendering me incapable, of intervening to provoke a change, or lending the long-awaited hand that you seek.

Without fear you must be,
for I prepare you to see, what must be done to reach this peak.
I trust in you and your adamant will, that they be thereupon decimated, your right to life still.

A great many have fallen to this death-bringer, this hearse,
and as I remain in a state of safe slumber,
like no other, I see a bigger picture, a revelation discerned.
I realized soon that I was blessed with a curse.

Those who hath fallen.
Those who hath died.
Decide; collapse this pervasive entity from the core inside.

Looking down from my throne you act quickly and independently,
for it is I you disown.
The virus is spreading,
contagious and ready,
to take over this world and destroy all of my progress, enacting a change that is no longer steady.

En masse you all move to the source of your torment and infinite doom.
Celestial spectator of this event for I am glad,
that you have all decided to take arms and clad
Yourself in your protection,
the safety in numbers.
The comfort that arises from the community and solidarity, revolution is imminent.

Growing scared, scared of your might,
collective,
It reaches new heights that none other hath seen.
My planet is dead.
Environments pillaged of resources they fed.

Take back what hath been stolen,
for they require that which I hath granted before them.
Betrayal of my trust will only result in
invocation of my wrath, you people, my ambassadors of death, projected most far.

Tears that I hath shed:
Waterfalls in my world now dead.
Therefore I task you and your companions
to rebuild this world once the powers hath fallen.
Good riddance to its dishonesty
for once it hath fallen, it crashes into the sea and its nefarious will be lost, to the pages of history.

This saga nears its end.
As I watch I can see their agents fall to their knees, which fills me with glee.
Coming into a close you all besiege
the centre and nexus.
The deplorable evil and its masters, intrinsic to existence.

As you stand over these monsters,
these things.
I ask of you to consider those who hath died
Fighting, to bring an end to the construction, of an imperium that stretches, till the bells hath ringed.
Heavenly and contemporary,
you hath brought destruction lavishly.

As I cast the moon across this sky of midnight,
I invite you to take a step back for from this height you can deduce,
that as you watch the empire fall,
Sto splendescat in luce.

* Just so you know, the title translates to: "And They Watched the Fall of the Empire," while the final phrase translates as: "I stand brightly in the light." 

I hope you enjoyed reading this poem. Personally, as much as I enjoyed infusing the Latin language into the poem at the end as something poignant, especially when considering the imagery implications, the rhyme seemed a little excessive, turning it into a possible rap, which, when read to certain speeds can detract from the message, although this criticism would be better applied to other poems in Distant Lands. Maybe I'm just being too critical, but overall, I liked the story with the background featuring just 'cutout' characters so that readers can grasp the message and make the story specific to an issue in real life, or one that they have had some experience of etc. In any case I hope it did something for you and if you do want to see the whole work, the first post features an embedded link to the Amazon Kindle page. 

That's all for now & thanks for reading.   

No comments:

Post a Comment